1 pound eggplant (1 medium)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
1 tablespoon garlic-chili paste, such as sambal oelek
1/4 cup coarsely chopped roasted, salted peanuts
2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil leaves
Mandoline with julienne blade
10-inch nonstick frying pan
- Make the noodles: Trim the stem from the eggplant, then peel completely. Use a mandoline with a julienne attachment to cut the eggplant into thin noodles.
- Heat the oils: Heat the olive and sesame oils in a 10-inch nonstick frying pan over medium-high heat until shimmering.
- Sauté the noodles: Add the noodles and sauté until softened and lightly browned, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic-chili paste: Turn off the heat, add the garlic-chili paste, and toss to combine.
- Garnish the noodles: Transfer the noodles to bowls or plates and garnish with the basil and chopped peanuts.
For more recipes like this visit thekitchen.com