Term: 4 month Contract w/ opportunity for extension
United Construction Company (UCC) is an energetic and experienced team focused on taking a new approach to construction, one that focuses on customer relationships, creative designs and transparent development. We’re building a reputation as innovators, and that’s because of our hard working and talented team that continues to grow.
What Are You Looking For?
If you’re interested in a fast paced environment with constantly changing work and an emphasis on personal development, UCC is the best fit. Everyone in our organization climbed through from the ground floor, building the future they wanted with a company that not only supports but encourages personal growth. We invest in the education, training and evolution of our employees, giving them the tools to create the level of success they desire. We are very competitive with our wages and benefits.
What Are We Looking For?
As an organization committed to building customer relationships, innovative projects and transparent development, we need likeminded people to support our vision. These people need to be motivated to do the best job and work on behalf of the customer, providing the highest quality and accountability to expectations. The culture we’ve made has built the perfect staging grounds for career advancement and workplace satisfaction.
Role & Responsibilities
- Lead all work on commercial, multi-family and/or light industrial construction sites to ensure compliance with design, project specifications, regulations and safety codes.
- Work with the Project Manager to ensure project is completed to client specifications, within budget and on-time.
- Implement schedules and milestones that monitor progress against established timelines.
- Assess quality control (QC) in accordance with approved blueprints/drawings throughout all stages of the project process.
- Ensure a safe workplace at all times through compliance with UCC safety policies and procedures
- Supervise all workers onsite; provide feedback, enforce company policy and administer disciplinary measures as required
- Accurately complete necessary paperwork and documentation. (i.e. timesheets, daily reports – labour, materials and equipment, and health & safety requirements)
- Lead project meetings with sub-contractors, tradesman and labourers to monitor and report on construction progress.
- Identify and resolve conflicts within project teams and associated work; create contingency plans to mitigate risk.
- Aid workers on site whenever required.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Trade qualifications with a concentration in the construction disciplines is required. High School Diploma is required.
- Minimum of 10 years’ of direct work experience working in commercial and/or industrial construction, including 5 years’ of supervisory and/or superintendent experience.
- Knowledge of OH&S regulations and related commercial/industrial building codes.
- Intermediate computer skills including knowledge of web-based software and Microsoft Office Suite are required.
- Valid Class 5 Drivers License is required.
Skills and Competencies
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and leadership skills with the ability to develop positive working relationships with internal staff, sub-contractors and clients.
- A self-starter who takes a proactive approach.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks, adhering to strict deadlines and commitments.
- Ability to make decisions and recommendations in a rapid paced, forward evolving environment.
Submit your cover letter and resume. Be sure to reference the position title in the subject line. Only successful candidates will be contacted.
United Construction Company is an equal opportunity employer.
Find more details and apply on unitedconstruction.bamboohr.com