1 lb (454 g) ground organic chicken
1/2 cup (125 mL) grated carrot
1/2 cup (125 mL) grated sweet potato
1/4 cup (60 mL) finely chopped white onion
1 tsp (5 mL) garlic powder
2 tsp (10 mL) Italian seasoning
1 organic egg, whisked
1/2 cup (125 mL) ground flaxseed
5 1/2 oz (156 mL) can tomato paste
3 Tbsp (45 mL) Dijon mustard
1/4 cup (60 mL) maple syrup
1/4 cup (60 mL) tamari soy sauce
3 Tbsp (45 mL) apple cider vinegar
1 1/2 tsp (7 mL) garlic powder
1 1/2 tsp (7 mL) onion powder
Black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 F (180 C). Grease baking sheet with coconut oil or line with parchment paper.
- In large bowl, combine ground chicken, grated carrot and sweet potato, onion, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, egg, and flaxseed. The best way to combine all the ingredients is to use your hands. Form into 1 1/2 in (3.75 cm) diameter balls, place on baking sheet, and place in preheated oven.
- Bake for approximately 20 to 24 minutes. After 10 minutes, turn meatballs over so they cook evenly. Meatballs must be 165 F (75 C) when tested with a meat thermometer in the centre to be assured they’re fully cooked.
- To make Tangy Sauce, in medium bowl, combine all sauce ingredients and whisk together. Set aside until meatballs are ready. Remove meatballs from oven and coat with sauce just before serving.
- If serving in a lunchbox the next day, let meatballs cool completely and refrigerate these and the sauce until packing lunchbox with meatballs and sauce separately.
In each delicious serving: 139 calories; 10 g protein; 7 g total fat (2 g sat. fat, 0 g trans fat); 12 g total carbohydrates (6 g sugars, 3 g fibre); 436 mg sodium
For more recipes like this visit alive.com
Image Source: Alive.com
For the latest information and for more updates on everything Kindersley ‘Like’ the Kindersley Social Facebook page below…