10 tablespoons butter
1 1/2 cups white sugar
1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
2 1/2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup buttermilk
3/4 teaspoon lemon extract
1/2 cup golden raisins
1/3 cup white sugar
1/3 cup butter
1 1/2 tablespoons water
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease and flour a Bundt pan.
- Cream 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter and 1 1/2 cups sugar until fluffy. Add eggs one at a time beating after each addition. Blend in the lemon peel.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, salt, soda and baking powder. Add flour mixture alternately with buttermilk to creamed butter mixture. Add lemon extract and raisins.
- Bake at 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) for 50 minutes cool 5 minutes, then turn out onto serving plate. Prick hot cake with skewer or fork and pour on lemon topping.
- Combine 1/3 cup sugar, 1/3 cup butter and water in a saucepan and heat until butter melts. Add lemon juice . Spoon over hot cake.
For more recipes like this visit allrecipes.com