These are sure to be a hit with the family!
PREP: 10 MINS
COOK: 30 MINS
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 600g pork medallions
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- banana shallots, thinly sliced
- 250g chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 100ml madeira or sherry
- 400ml chicken stock
- 4 sprigs thyme
- ½ tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 100ml double cream
- mashed potato and wilted greens, to serve
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan and fry the pork on each side for 2-3 mins until golden brown. Set aside on a plate.
- Melt the butter in the pan and, when foaming, fry the shallots and mushrooms over a medium heat for 10 mins. Add the garlic and cook for another 1 min. Stir through the flour and cook for another 2 mins. Whisk through the madeira and boil for 2 mins. Gradually stir through the stock until the sauce is lump free. Add the thyme and mustard and season to taste.
- Return the pork to the pan and simmer uncovered for 5-7 mins or until the pork is cooked through. Stir through the cream and heat again until simmering. Serve with creamy mashed potatoes and wilted greens.
For more recipes like this visit bbcgoodfood.com
For the latest information and for more updates on everything Kindersley ‘Like’ the Kindersley Social Facebook page below…