With constant changes in speed and direction, high intensity and full body contact at some levels, ice hockey players need a large amount of fuel to keep their energy high during the game.
Good eating and drinking habits can be the key to better performance for both recreational and elite athletes.
Advantages of proper nutrition and hydration for hockey players before, during and after a game
- Tops up energy before a game;
- Delays fatigue during the game;
- Prevents decline in skill performance and mental concentration on the ice;
- Repairs the wear and tear on muscles;
- Provides nutrients to recover and prepare for the next training session or game.
For the latest information and for more updates on everything Kindersley ‘Like’ our Facebook page below…