The Cannabis Legalization is Coming Soon
With the legalization of Cannabis coming soon it is important to keep in mind the details of The Cannabis Control Act of Saskatchewan. This act will come into effect on October 17th, 2018.
The Kindersley RCMP published some details on their Facebook page in light of the upcoming legalization.
Things to Remember:
- It is illegal for anyone under the age of 19 to purchase, possess, consume, sell or distribute cannabis. Conviction on any of these is a $300 fine.
- The fine amounts for offences vary, depending on the offence. For example, consumption of cannabis at a school or on school grounds will get you a $1000 fine.
- If you possess more than 4 plants anywhere, the fine is $200.
- As with alcohol, cannabis cannot be consumed in a public place. This would result in a $200 fine.
- If you sell or give cannabis to a minor, the fine is $750.
- DO NOT drive high – it’s against the law
For more information on the legislation of cannabis in Saskatchewan, you can read the full information on Publications.gov.sk.ca
For the latest information and for more updates on everything Kindersley ‘Like’ the Kindersley Social Facebook page below…