The Importance of Self-Care

Anyone else too “busy” for self-care? We have all heard (in some capacity) the importance of self-care. Simply put, self-care is the act of being loving and generous to ourselves. However, society often tells us that our worth is measured by our success, and our success is a representation of our productivity. On countless occasions,… Continue reading The Importance of Self-Care

Digital Detox

With the comforting routine of fall comes the urge to plan everything in our regrettably shorter daylight hours. We schedule time for yard work, homework, meals, activities, and bedtime. Many of us even schedule in our television time, anticipating the premier of our favourite show.  The TV habit we kicked during the summer because of… Continue reading Digital Detox

Make the Healthy Choice the Easy Choice

When it comes to promoting healthy weights, we’ve begun to understand the need to make the healthy choice the easy choice. This means ensuring that the environments where people live, work, learn and play have a positive effect on their health. Consider the effect of sedentary behaviour such as watching television, video games and being… Continue reading Make the Healthy Choice the Easy Choice

Top 10 Threats to Childhood in Canada: Recovering From the Impacts of Covid-19

It is no surprise that the lasting impacts the Covid-19 pandemic will have on our children is a cause for concern. Children and youth have suffered devastating impacts to their physical, mental and emotional health as a result of the pandemic. Raising Canada 2021 is the fourth in an annual series of reports that track… Continue reading Top 10 Threats to Childhood in Canada: Recovering From the Impacts of Covid-19

Mindset Parenting

Does your child want to quit a new sport or activity as soon as they aren’t performing well? Do they struggle to overcome adversity? Are they immediately turned off from school work when they hit a roadblock? If you see this in your child, it could be because they are viewing the world through a… Continue reading Mindset Parenting

Canadian Children Are Inactive, and They May Be Losing Sleep Over It

It’s that time of year again. The time of year where alarm clocks are set extra early, morning routines are back in action, school lunches are carefully prepared the night before, and new fall activities have filled the calendar. The long days of summer and family vacations are nothing but a memory, and although getting… Continue reading Canadian Children Are Inactive, and They May Be Losing Sleep Over It

The Pandemic’s Impact on Girls in Sport

We are officially 17 months into the Covid-19 Pandemic, and finally we are slowly starting to see swimming pools, rinks and fields filled with active children and youth. As exciting as that sounds, a study released by Canadian Women & Sport and E-Alliance found one in four girls who participated in sport at least once… Continue reading The Pandemic’s Impact on Girls in Sport

Returning to Work or Staying Home – The Mental Battle Many Moms Face

As my maternity leave slowly comes to end, it won’t be long until I have to trade in my yoga pants for dresses and professional work attire. This is my second parental/maternity leave I have been blessed to experience, and just like the last time, the thought of returning to work always brings a lot… Continue reading Returning to Work or Staying Home – The Mental Battle Many Moms Face

Motherhood & Burnout

In a society that prioritizes work over rest, productivity over peace, and output over joy, burnout has become a badge of honor—and mothers suffer the most. Wearing my exhaustion as a symbol of pride happened much before I became a mother. It started in high school where I would fill my plate so full with… Continue reading Motherhood & Burnout